Personal data (usually referred to as “data“) will only be processed by Younergy to the necessary extent for the purpose of providing a functional and user-friendly website, including its content and the services offered.
According to Article 4 (1) of the EU Regulation 2016/679, i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR“), “processing“ shall be deemed to be any transaction carried out with or without the aid of automated procedures or any such series of transactions in connection with personal data, such as the collection, entry, organisation, sorting, storage, adaptation or modification, presentation, querying, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, comparison or linking, restriction, deletion or destruction.
With the following data protection declaration, we inform you in particular about the type, scope, purpose, duration and legal basis of the processing of personal data, insofar as we decide either alone or together with others about the purposes and means of the processing. In addition, we inform you below of the third-party components we use for optimisation purposes in order to increase the quality of use, insofar as third parties process data as a result of this under their own responsibility.
Information about us as responsible party
Responsible provider of this website in the sense of data protection regulation is:
- Younergy Solar SA
- EPFL Innovation ParkBâtiment C
- Phone: +41 81 544 7524
- E-mail: info(at)younergy.kobudev.com
- Web: www.younergy.kobudev.com
- Authorised representatives of the Supervisory Board: Pedro Miranda
- Responsible for the content of this website: Pedro Miranda
- TAX-ID: CHE-280.524.883
Rights of users and persons concerned
With a view to the data processing described in more detail below, users have the right to:
- confirmation of whether data concerning them is processed, information about processed data, further information on data processing and copies of such data (cf. also Art. 15 GDPR);
- correction or completion of incorrect or incomplete data (cf. also Art. 16 GDPR); the immediate deletion of the data concerning them (cf. also Art. 17 GDPR), or, alternatively, if further processing is required pursuant to Art. 17 (3) GDPR, to the restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR;
- information about the receipt of the data concerning them and provided by them and about the transmission of this data to other providers/responsible parties (cf. also Art. 20 GDPR);
- complaint to the supervisory authority if they are of the opinion that the data concerning them is processed by the provider in violation of data protection regulations (cf. also Art. 77 GDPR).In addition, the provider is obliged to inform all recipients to whom data have been disclosed by the provider about any correction or deletion of data or the restriction of the processing which takes place on the basis of Articles 16, 17 (1), 18 GDPR. However, this obligation shall not apply if such notification is impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Notwithstanding, the user has a right to information about these recipients. Users concerned also have the right to object to the future processing of data concerning them in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that the data is processed by the provider in accordance with Art. 6 (1)f GDPR. In particular, an objection to data processing for the purpose of direct advertising is permissible.
Information on data processing
When using Younergy’s website, the processed user’s data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply; the deletion of the data does not conflict with any legal storage obligations and no other information on individual processing procedures is provided below.
For technical reasons, in particular, to ensure a secure and stable Internet presence, data is transmitted to us or to our web space provider via your Internet browser. With these so-called server log files, the type and version of your Internet browser, the operating system, the website from which you switched to our Internet presence (referrer URL), the website(s) and page(s) of our Internet presence that you visit, the date and time of the respective access as well as the IP address of the Internet connection from which our Internet presence is used are collected. The data collected in this way will be temporarily stored, but not together with other users’ data. This data is stored on the legal basis of Art. 6(1)f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the improvement, stability, functionality and security of our Internet presence. The data will be deleted after seven days at the latest unless further storage is required for evidentiary purposes. Otherwise, all or part of the data will be excluded from deletion until an incident is finally resolved.
a) Session cookies
We use so-called cookies on our website. Cookies are small text files or other storage technologies that are stored on your end device by the Internet browser you use. These cookies process certain information about you, such as your browser or location data or your IP address, to an individual extent. This processing makes our website more user-friendly, effective and secure, as the processing enables, for example, the reproduction of our website in different languages or the offer of E-Commerce features. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6(1)b GDPR, insofar as these cookies process data for contract initiation or contract execution. If the processing does not serve to initiate or process a contract, our legitimate interest lies in improving the functionality of our Internet presence. The legal basis for this is then Article 6(1)f GDPR. When you close your Internet browser, these session cookies are deleted.
b) Third-party cookies
c) Removal possibility
You can prevent or restrict the installation of cookies by setting your Internet browser accordingly. You can also delete cookies that have already been saved at any time. However, the steps and measures required depend on the Internet browser you are using. If you have any questions, please use the help function or documentation of your Internet browser or contact its manufacturer or user support. With so-called flash cookies, however, processing cannot be prevented via the browser settings. Instead, you need to change the setting of your Flash Player. The steps and measures required for this also depend on the Flash Player you are using. If you have any questions, please also use the help function or documentation of your Flash Player or contact the manufacturer or its user support. Should you prevent or restrict the installation of cookies, however, this may lead to not all functions of our Internet presence being fully usable.
Customer account / registration function
If you create a customer account with us via our website, we will collect and store the data you entered during registration (e.g. your name, address or e-mail address) exclusively for pre-contractual services, for contract fulfilment or for customer care purposes (e.g. to provide you with an overview of your previous orders with us or to be able to offer you the so-called notepad function). At the same time, we will save the IP address and the date of your registration together with the time. In the course of the further registration process, your consent to this processing will be obtained and reference will be made to this data protection declaration. The data collected by us will be used exclusively for the provision of the customer account. If you consent to this processing, Art. 6(1)a GDPR becomes the legal basis for this processing. If the opening of the customer account also serves pre-contractual measures or the fulfilment of the contract, the legal basis for this processing is also Article 6(1)b GDPR. You may revoke your consent to the opening and maintenance of the customer account granted to us at any time with future effect in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR. All you have to do is inform us of your revocation. The data collected in this respect will be deleted as soon as processing is no longer necessary. However, we must observe retention periods under tax and commercial law.
Contact inquiries / contact possibility
If you contact us via contact form or e-mail, the data you provide will be used to process your request. Providing the data is necessary for processing and answering your inquiry – without their provision, we cannot answer your inquiry or, if necessary, only to a limited extent. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6(1)b GDPR. Your data will be deleted if your inquiry has been finally answered and there is no legal obligation to continue to store your data, e.g. for possible subsequent contract processing.